Thanks StriveBalance (strivebalance.com) for nominating me for the Liebster award. You would have been one of my nominees, but someone beat me to it. 🙂
She has a good summary of what Liebster means on her blog along with a lot of other great posts. Check it out.
I am rather new to blogging, so I wasn’t sure what to do next. The idea here is to post the image, tell 11 random fun facts about yourself, answer 11 questions and nominate other bloggers for the award. So, here I go…
11 random facts about me:
- My mom went into labor with me at a Penn State football game.
- My mom and dad were married over half a century.
- I’ve been married over a quarter century to my lovely wife.
- I have 5 kids who make me proud each day.
- I became a Christian in August 1982.
- My dad ran marathons from his mid 50’s through his mid 70’s.
- I have 2 brothers and a sister who passed away almost 10 years ago (who I miss terribly).
- I am a VP of Information Technology at a non-profit.
- I’ve had my current job for almost 6 years and I still enjoy it.
- My lovely wife and I moved 13 times in 11 years, but have lived in the same house now for 10 years.
- I live in the South, but love the north.
11 questions asked by StriveBalance:
- What did you do today? Being 3:00 AM, I woke up, read my Bible, drank coffee and wrote this post. It is going to be a long day.
- What is your favorite movie? The Matrix (movie #1) – Sometimes reality makes more sense to me when looking at it in the context of this movie.
- What is your biggest dream for the next 5 years? Qualify and compete in the Boston Marathon.
- If you could snap your fingers and be anywhere right now, where would that be? Right where I am. I love my life and wouldn’t change it for the world.
- What is the last book you read? Steve Jobs.
- What keeps you motivated to blog? I love feedback and “likes”, but I mainly blog keep a journal of my “journey” so I can look back and remember where I came from, where I am and where I hope to be one day. Also, hopefully to help and encourage others to run and learn from my successes and failures.
- Who do you admire most, and why? My lovely wife. Not many people know her like I do. She has always supported me (even in some dumb decisions). She lost 90 lbs, even with a bad back and little exercise. Everyday I go running, she says, “Run fast and don’t get hurt”. I can go on and on. She is truly a grand old flag (inside complement).
- What did you want to be when you were a kid? A dog. Yeah, I didn’t aspire to much. I looked at my dog and she just got to lay around, play outside, eat and sleep. I thought, what a great life. I’m glad I grew up and got motivation to experience life.
- What is your favorite kind of run? Any run ( or race ) where I set a personal record. That is the best feeling in the world.
- What is your biggest pet peeve? People chewing in my ear. Either in person or on the phone. Especially chomping gum. It is like fingers on a chalkboard to me.
- What fills your heart with joy? Wisdom. To be honest, much of what I do is way beyond my ability. I can work for hours on a programming problem and just be stuck. I’ll tell my lovely wife and she will alway ask, “Have you prayed for wisdom”? After I do, I usually figure the issue out in a short time. That is the best feeling in the world. At work or at home. To be “stuck” and pray for wisdom and have the solution almost immediately. It is awesome.
Here are my nominees…