I am hard on my running shoes. I love my Saucony Fastwitch shoes, but they seem to “feel” worn out after 120 – 150 miles. My solution… Purchase them on clearance from runningwarehouse.com at a great price and get 4 or 5 pair at one time.
I now, however, have another option that doesn’t involve having to replace my shoes almost every month. I was sent a pair of insoles in the mail from a company who saw my running blog. I have never gotten anything free from writing my blog, so it was pretty neat to get these and give them a try.
So, here are the details:
The insoles are “OrthoLite Fusion” insoles and can be found in many of the top athletic shoes such as Nike, New Balance, UnderArmour, Merrell.
At first glance, there didn’t seem to be much to the insoles. “They are just insoles”, I thought to myself. “I wonder how these will feel or will they even help?”
They helped a lot.
First I took out my old insoles from my Fastwitch’ and noticed how flat and worn they were. Hmmm. Maybe there is something to this. Then I put in the Ortho Lite Fusion insoles into my shoes, tied up my laces and went out for my run.
I’m really not saying this for any reason than other how they felt… It was like I had a new pair of shoes on. Seriously, I have struggled with wearing out my shoes so much that this was like a gift to me. I loved them. I ran great that night and two days later had the best long run I’ve had ever. I’m not saying that all of this is because of new insoles, but I was able to keep going strong for 3 – 4 miles longer than the week before. Something helped, and I’m sure these were part of the solution.
Here is some info I got with the insoles:
- OrthoLite Fusion insoles are available at ortholite.com or amazon.com for $19.99. Features include:
- Designed to fit all athletic and outdoor shoes or boots
- Made with open-cell foam, allowing air to circulate around the foot, keeping it cooler and drier inside the shoe
- Wicks moisture away from your foot leaving your foot cooler and drier
- Unique spring-back technology ensures that your insole won’t flatten out and it will retain over 95% of its thickness over time
- Our patented anti-microbial formulation (approved by the EPA and FDA) fights fungus, bacteria and shoe odor
- Lightweight and fully washable
- $1 from each purchase goes to directly to the Level Field Fund, a grant-giving program that strives to bridge the gap in funding to uniquely talented athletes.
So, I will be using these insoles in the future when my shoes are low mileage, but the insoles are worn. It made a huge difference in my running.
I hope this has been helpful to you also!