In with a roar

I won’t begin to tell you everything about my New Year’s eve and New Year’s day!  Let’s just say it was spent chasing a lost iPhone 30 miles and then giving up on the chase.  That was the 31st at 9:00 PM.  Then on the 1st we were contacted about the fact someone had it (I assume the same people) and we drove another 30 miles to retrieve it.  Thanks Apple for allowing me to lock the phone (my kid’s phone) remotely so it was bricked and unusable until it was returned.

Also on the 1st, my second youngest woke me up feeling sick.  After a visit to the doc-in-the-box, I found out he had strep, a fever and was, well, sick.  This was first thing in the morning.  The iPhone retrieval was early afternoon.

Then an unusual trip to the store.  We picked up some items for a cookout and on the way home there were about 30 people looking at a house.  Hmmm.  I slowly went past as to not hit anyone wandering into the street.  It looked like a tree had fallen on part of a house and a guy was outside sitting in a chair on the front lawn not looking good.  We went on ahead as it seemed there were plenty of people to handle the situation.  It wasn’t until later last night that I found out a plane had crashed into that house and that guy in the chair was the pilot.  I’m glad no one was hurt, but we must have missed seeing it by a couple of minutes.  There weren’t even emergency vehicles there when we passed by.

So that was the my end of 2013 and beginning of 2014.

Oh, and I ran.  I was able to run 27 miles from Christmas Eve to New Years Eve.  Not bad considering all my issues lately.

2014 has been a busy year so far…  A found iPhone, a sick kid and a plane crash a half mile from my home.

Bring it on!

6 thoughts on “In with a roar

  1. Where in the world do you live? You just randomly drive by a house where a plane crash landed into it??

    Congrats on the 27 and the found phone! Way to kick off the new year in style!

    • Thanks. I’ll tell you this start of the new year is definitely different. And yes, I drove to the store and came back by on my way home 5 minutes later and it must have just crashed. I didn’t know what it was at the time though. Very strange.

  2. Pingback: My next 5K | 278 to Boston

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s